These brownies are dense, chewy and richly satisfying. Enjoy them with a glass of Russian Imperial Stout, or a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp of unsalted room temperature butter
- 8 ounces dark bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces Russian Imperial or other sweet Stout
- 1¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter for coating pan
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9×9 pan with butter and set aside.
In a medium bowl: whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt and set aside for later. Melt butter, 3/4 C chocolate chips, and bittersweet chocolate together in a pot.
In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar for about two minutes, until they are light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
Blend dry ingredients into your chocolate mixture. Whisk in stout (batter will seem thin but will stiffen as it’s mixed).
Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, until a toothpick poked into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.